In this guide, you'll learn how to create a new company, learn what company types are available, and manage companies in Xemplo as an Administrator.
Types of companies
- Agency or Staffing Agency handles recruitment and supplies the workforce for seasonal activities or contract projects. The main goal of a staffing agency is to scout talent for long-term or short-term projects.
- Admin or Outsourced Payroll Admin makes sure the company payroll process runs smoothly. Admin is defined as any of the tasks necessary to organize the compensation of employees for the hours that have been worked.
- Employer of Record (EOR) or Employing Entity handles documentation (contractual), payroll, and tax paperwork submission. An employer of record is responsible for personnel vetting, benefits administration, and contract termination.
How to Access Companies
- Log in to Xemplo as Administrator.
- Click on Companies in the top menu bar to access the dashboard.
How to Manage Companies in Xemplo
Create a New Company
Step 1. Access Companies in Xemplo as Administrator.
Step 2. Click the New Company button found at the top-right corner of the page.
Step 3. Select the company type you want to create. The selected company type is highlighted in blue.
Step 4. Then click the Continue button.
Step 5. Enter the Company details.
|Important: The form is interactive and the information that appears is based on the country you selected.
For example, if you selected New Zealand, the company details required may not be applicable and the same for other countries. See the reference below:
Step 6. In the Invite Another User section, provide the details of the manager you want to manage the timesheets for the company you are creating.
Or, you can toggle the option to No.
Step 7. Click Save and Continue.
The next step is to set up the company settings for the company type(s) you've selected.
Note: You can choose to configure the settings for each company type or choose to skip it and do it later.
Setting up Employer of Record Settings
Step 1. Toggle the options for the following:
- Enable Onboarding - Create seamless and sophisticated worker onboarding processes utilizing the Xemplo Onboarding platform.
- Enable Payroll - Enable this function if KeyPay is integrated to enable payroll straight from Xemplo.
- Enable Automatic VEVO Check - VEVO (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) Check: Automatic Visa Check (available for some fees)
- Enable Expense Request - Workers to be able to submit expense requests in their timesheets
- Enable Leave Request - Workers to be able to submit leave requests in their timesheets
Step 2. Choose the Currency and Date Format:
Step 3. Click Save and Continue.
Setting up Agency Settings
Optional Details for an Agency if the Agency is using Admin (Outsourced Payroll Admin) to manage the administration of the payroll function for the employees. If not using Admin, this section can be left empty.
Step 1. Choose the option for Group Invoices and Invoice frequency.
Step 2. Provide necessary information to the agency invoicing contact recipients.
Step 3. Configure settings for the invoice issuer and your invoice template.
For the invoice template settings, if you want to upload customised invoice template, toggle the option to Yes, download the Global template, make the necessary changes, and upload it as a custom template.
Step 4. Enter the Last invoice number. Once this is set, Xemplo will automatically create a new invoice number.
Step 5. Enter the Invoice Issuer's email, phone number, and bank details for payment. Bank details normally are the Account Receivables team.
Step 6. In the Bill Settings section, set the settings to:
- Bill Template - toggle the options if you want to use the Global Bill Template or upload a customise one.
- Billing Currency - from the drop-down menu choose the currency you want to use.
Step 7. In the Account integration section, choose the payment terms and where you want to export it:
- MYOB, and
And choose the additional settings for the exported data:
Step 8. Click Save and Continue.
Setting up Branding
Here you can set your company logo, onboarding welcome message, and introduction video.
Upload Company Logo
Step 1. Click Browse or drag and drop the company logo you want to upload in the box.
Step 2. Set a primary colour theme, for window screens, buttons, and more for your company in Xemplo.
The system will automatically select the appropriate colour, based on the company logo you uploaded. If there's no company logo uploaded, the default Xemplo colour theme will be used.
Click on the colour picker box and choose your preferred colour for your brand.
Step 3. Enter your preferred Onboarding Welcome Message in the text box.
Step 4. You can also include an introduction video, use your own company introduction video, or not use any video at all.
Step 5. Click Save and Continue.
A pop-up window will appear that you've successfully created a new company.