Xemplo Onboarding is a streamlined, paperless onboarding solution that simplifies the process of welcoming new hires. It allows businesses to create a positive first impression, engaging candidates from the moment they accept their new role.
Xemplo Onboarding is part of the Xemplo HR suite of products. If you do not have access to this feature as part of your Xemplo subscription, contact our Customer Success team for assistance.
How does Onboarding work?
Using the Onboarding feature, you can create Onboarding packages based on your custom compliance rules. An Onboarding package is sent to a Worker for completion before they start work in a new role. Xemplo will automatically determine which compliance activities each Worker needs to complete during Onboarding, based on the role they will be working in. The Onboarding Worker will be required to complete all compliance activities, and their profile, to successfully complete Onboarding and start work.
Setting up compliance rules before using Onboarding
With Xemplo HR, you can define company-wide and role-specific rules that apply to Workers employed in your company. These rules can include:
- Contracts that are used to employ specific types of Workers (for example, full or part time workers, casuals or contractors);
- Documents that Workers in different roles must be read and acknowledge or sign before starting work;
- Credentials that a Worker must supply evidence of holding on commencement in a role, and throughout their tenure, and;
- Training that must be completed by a Worker before they start their role, or after they have started.
Setting up positions before using Onboarding
A Position in Xemplo HR defines a specific job in your business. You will need to create a new position in Xemplo for each unique role in your business. Once created, you can start to onboard Workers into specific positions - each Worker will be required to satisfy any compliance requirements for their respective position.
Once you've added a position, you can start to onboard Workers and track New Starter compliance activities.
Creating your first Onboarding request
Once you've setup your compliance rules and positions, you're ready to create your first Onboarding request. You'll need to complete the following activities to send an Onboarding request to a Worker. Once these steps are completed, an Onboarding request will be sent to the Worker for completion.
|Create an Onboarding||Always||Add worker and position details, and select a contract if required|
|Review Worker Contract||When a contract is required for the Onboarding||Review each contract clause and add any Worker or Position specific variations|
|Review and send Onboarding request||Always||
The nominated Approver for the Onboarding will review the worker details, contract and documents before they are sent to the worker.
The Approver will also sign any documents that require a signature from the company before sending to the worker.
Sending an Onboarding request to a worker
When an Onboarding request is sent to a worker, the worker will need to complete a number of activities to successfully submit their Onboarding to HR for final review before commencement. During this time, you can monitor the progress of every Onboarding from the Onboarding list.
Review and Approve an Onboarding submission
Once an Onboarding has been completed and submitted by a worker, you must review the worker's submitted information and approve it. On approval of the Onboarding, the Onboarding is finalised and the worker can start work.
You will receive an email alert when an Onboarding submission is ready for your review. You can also see all outstanding Onboarding requests and submissions from your Manager Home Page.
During the review of an Onboarding, you can approve or reject the worker's submitted information. If you reject an Onboarding, you will be able to provide a comment and send the Onboarding request back to the worker to review and resubmit.
Viewing, updating or cancelling an Onboarding request
Once you've created an Onboarding, you can view and update some elements of the Onboarding package while the Onboarding is in progress. Once an Onboarding has been completed by the Worker and approved by an authorised Approver, you can view the Onboarding package and activity log, but you can't make any updates to the original package.
You can also cancel an Onboarding request that is still in progress. Cancelling an Onboarding request will send an email notification to anyone involved in the Onboarding process to date, including the Worker if they have already received an Onboarding request.
Tracking Onboarding activity
Once you have started using Onboarding, Xemplo will track all Onboarding activity and send you alerts when key Onboarding tasks are completed by a Worker or your team. You can also track Onboarding activity in Xemplo using the following tools:
- Onboarding Home Page (HR > Onboarding) - from the Onboarding Home Page, view all Onboarding activity, or specific Onboarding activity by status (draft, completed, or at every stage of completion throughout the process). You can also filter by Worker attributes to view specific Onboarding activity.
- Manager Home Page (Home) - from your Home Page, you can easily review all Onboarding tasks requiring your action. You can also see Onboarding tasks completed by Workers and other members of your team. You'll also get a quick snapshot of Onboarding activity requiring your urgent attention (for example, where the Worker's start date is approaching soon).
- Onboarding Report (HR > Onboarding > Download Onboarding Report) - to review and analyse all Onboarding activity, use the Onboarding Report. The Onboarding Report will show you all Onboarding activities that meet your desired search criteria.
If you're using Xemplo Onboarding to welcome new Workers to your team, start automating other new starter activities with Xemplo using tasks. With the Tasks feature, you can assign new starter tasks to Xemplo users who'll receive automated reminders to complete key activities prior to the Worker's start date.