Once you've created a position library during setup, you can add new positions, update existing positions, or deactivate positions that are no longer required.
Viewing your Position Library
You can view your entire library of positions from the HR > Positions menu. For each position, you can quickly see:
- The position's name, status (active or inactive), and when it was last modified.
- The details of any workers currently assigned to this position.
- If you are using Sites and Departments - you will be able to see the department that a position is assigned to. You will also be able to filter the list of positions to show only those in a selected department.
- In the 'Onboarding' column, you will be able to see whether this position has all of the required information for onboarding. For a position to be ready for onboarding, you must have completed the basic details and added a contract or award (if applicable).
Adding a new Position
There are two ways to add a new position to your library - by creating a new position, or by duplicating an existing position.
Duplicating an existing position
Where you would like to create a new position that is similar to an existing position in your library, you can duplicate the existing position. Duplicating a position will create a copy of the selected position with the same attributes.
To duplicate a position:
- From the Position Directory - select the required position in the list and select the Duplicate option.
- From the Position Detail screen - select the Duplicate option beside the position name on the top left of the screen.
Adding a new position
To add a new position, select the + New Position button on the top right of the Position Directory screen. This will create a new position and open the Position Detail screen so you can start adding required attributes.
Please note: Your position may have some attributes pre-populated. The attributes are populated from default rules configured by an HR Manager or System Administrator in Company Settings.
Updating an existing Position
To update an existing position, select the required position in the Position Directory and select the Edit option.
This will open the position in edit mode so you can make any required changes. When you have finished making changes, select the Save option.
Deactivating a Position
When a position is no longer required in your company structure, you can deactivate it. Deactivating a position will mean that you can no longer onboard or assign additional workers to this position. Any changes that you make to all positions from Company Settings will also not apply to deactivated positions.
To deactivate a position:
- From the Position Directory - select the required position in the list and select the Deactivate option.
- From the Position Detail screen - select the Deactivate option beside the position name on the top left of the screen.