Create a New Course
From the Training dashboard, click on 'Build a course'.
Give your new course a name.
In the course builder, there is a course summary on the left that gives an overview of the different sections. Use this column to add, edit and sort the course sections and to access the course settings.
Each course can be broken up into smaller sections.
Give each section a title and a short description of the learning objectives of the section.
After adding a section, select 'Add Content' to begin creating course content.
There are three media types for course content.
1. Instructional text & images
2. Instructional videos
3. Assessments to test the instructional material.
Several subsections of any media type can be added using the 'Add Content' button. Drag and drop sections or subsections to reorder them.
Text & Images
These require a title and some text.
Text can be edited similar to a Word document.
Images can be optionally included in the text by pressing the image icon and uploading your image.
Scroll to the bottom of the text editor to save.
Should there be additional resources related to this section, these can be uploaded and made available to the worker for download and printing. Resources could include PDFs or related legislation for example.
Choose a title for the instructional video and click 'Upload a video'.
Please Note: Video files should be 720p resolution and less than 400MB in size.
Scroll down to save the uploaded video content.
As in Text & Images, additional resources can be uploaded with the video.
Workers can be assessed on the information provided.
To create an assessment, provide:
- Assessment title
- Assessment description
- Pass mark: to indicate the minimum number of questions from this assessment the worker needs to answer to correctly in order to pass. Leave this option at "No pass mark" for now. Once you are done adding all the questions in the section below you will be able to set this value.
- Questions: Add questions individually including:
- Question Title: the question that the worker needs to answer.
- Question Guide: optional, for further details about the question.
- Question Type: how the question will be answered
- Multiple choice text: list of optional text values with a single correct answer.
- Multiple choice image: list of optional image values with a single correct answer.
- Yes/No: with one of them being the correct answer.
Change the course name, description and other properties by clicking on Course Settings.
- Course Name
- Allow retrying assessments when failed: Set this to allow workers multiple chances to submit their assessments in case of failure.
- Status: Draft / Published. Set it to Published when you are ready to allocate them to workers.
- Course image